Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Eternity is a loooong time...

to spend with the same person don't you think? I have been thinking this more and more frequently these past few months. Eternity, an endless immeasurable amount of time, an impossibility, a pointlessly romantic thought said by the foolish in "love". I have spent 15 years of an eternity with one person so far. I am usually an optimistic person but sometimes when you've drank that cup that's 1/2 full down to the last drop, it's hard to convince yourself, and to quench that nagging thirst. I have come to terms that I am alone, no matter who I happen to have sleeping in the bed snoring next to me. We wake up, we try to carry on conversation, but all the pleasantries have already been said. We are slammed with reality and all of the duties and expenses that come with it. We did our taxes today. To prep for it, I went to a morning yoga class and meditated over the grave of good friend in the sun. He popped vicodin until he was a ranting lunatic. An hour past noon, we came together, and in a heated exhausting session of finger pointing and flying insults we were able to finish them. I am exhausted. It's 4:30 now and He is in the driveway powerwashing his ridiculous F350. I am listening to jazz and sitting with the cat. I can see Him through the picture window. I am irritated by the amount of water he's wasting, use a scrubber dummy! *sigh* I thought I started today off so well. Oh well... Here's to eternity and foolishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment